Race calendar from Rennsport team at Ruapuna

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Race calendar from Rennsport team at Ruapuna

Postby 001 Neville » 18 May 2011, 21:39

Received from Rennsport racing team at Ruapuna. They were interested in us going along for another meeting sometime and are always keen for new members .... Michael! How's that track Monza doing! :wink:

2011-12 Race Calendar

An early heads-up on our draft race calendar for the next season is:

18 September - Club Day 1, Powerbuilt Tools Raceway. This Sunday meeting follows the SIERDC endurance round on the previous day and will most probably feature our own Rennsport 1 hour endurance race, as we've done the previous two seasons and which seem to have gone down well.

2 October - Club Day 2, Powerbuilt Tools Raceway.

27 November - Club Day 3, Powerbuilt Tools Raceway.

24/25 March - Super Truck Meeting, Timaru International Motor Raceway (to be confirmed).

31 March / 1 April - NZ V8 Supertourers meeting, Powerbuilt Tools Raceway.

This is a mix of three club days and two promoted meetings. Hopefully the Supertourers round will attract a large spectator base, so a good opportunity to showcase Rennsport as a worthy support class. For those who haven't caught up with this class, website is here http://www.v8supertourers.co.nz/

We're also in contact with the Southland Car Club about possibly holding a meeting at Teretonga and if we can find a date that works for them & us then we'll be in touch with you again to gauge interest from Rennsport members.

Let me know if you are interested in going along to one of the Club days. I don't know we'd be allowed to join in the Endurance on 18 Sept, but could be interesting?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: Race calendar from Rennsport team at Ruapuna

Postby 033 Ken » 19 May 2011, 19:18

Alway's keen Neville, I'm hoping to have my peugeot out more near the end of the year, so need a bit of money for that, there are 3 3hr endurance races on around october, dates to be confirmed so i will end up in christchurch for one of those weather i'm racing or not.
033 Ken

Return to Car & General Chat