AKL Airport to North Auckland

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

AKL Airport to North Auckland

Postby 001 Neville » 19 Oct 2010, 22:57

Hi, can any of you guys advise of the easiest transport to get from AKL domestic terminal to Rothesay Bay? Would arrive into AKL about 3pm on a Wednesday (27th)

To explain, I've just bought a Zafira (badged as an Opel 8) ) off TradeMe and now I need to fly up to collect it and drive back with some side visits to Hamilton and BOP to pick up some items I've got waiting.

I hadn't realised it was so far from the airport :oops: Are there coach services connecting to the airport from that area? Would cost a fortune by taxi, and not easy to hire a car to drop off up there..... :? Anyone?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: AKL Airport to North Auckland

Postby 127 Gordo » 20 Oct 2010, 01:34

There are airport shuttle services, perhaps buses.
Have a lookie here - http://yellow.co.nz/search/Auckland/Shu ... gwod6UJyKg
127 Gordo

Postby 021 Chad » 20 Oct 2010, 08:22

Yamaha XJR1300
Opel Vectra GT 16v AKA: "Evil Opel", AKA:"The Chavalier"
021 Chad

Postby 001 Neville » 20 Oct 2010, 09:46

Excellent, just what I needed! Thanks for that.

I'm just waiting to hear about vehicle shipping costs as an alternative, but it does mean that we could potentially hold an OpelForum meeting if I'm up there. I need to be home by the Saturday night, so can't stay in AKL for the weekend, but would a midweek evening be of interest to you?

People won't be able to travel down to Taupo midweek, so I guess it would have to be smaller meetings in AKL, Hamilton, Taupo and Palmerston North as I head south?

Then come up with the Monza (or Commodore B?) for a bigger meeting at a February carshow - Galaxy of Wheels or Ellerslie?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 113 Jon F » 22 Oct 2010, 21:55

If you're about in the Auck during the week, an evening meet is a poss, keep us posted
113 Jon F

Postby 001 Neville » 22 Oct 2010, 23:44

Ok, now confirmed I am flying up on Wednesday 27th and get into Auckland about 1.40pm. I'm being collected from the airport and going to pick up my wife's new Opel Zafira - well, new to her anyway, as it is a 2001 model - up on the North Shore.

I've got a few bits and pieces to sort and people to see, then will be free in the evening from about 5pm onwards. Are you all available from say 7pm on 27th? Will copy this across to the NI meeting topic, and probably best if all answers go there?

Will be in Hamilton on Thursday 28th about lunchtime and picking up some parts there. Is anyone available to meet up? Then possibly across to BOP to see someone, and on to Taupo for Thursday evening if that suits anyone?

Friday to Palmerston North for lunchtime (anyone from Napier/Hastings?) then south to Wellington and ferry crossing. Blenheim on Saturday and then home.

Will try to organise attendance at an Auckland show in February for a bigger meeting, but these small meetings will have to do for the meantime.

All members welcome to come along. Mobile number is 027 688 3748.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Return to Car & General Chat