BCOAA Albury Weekend

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

BCOAA Albury Weekend

Postby 014 Phil » 18 Oct 2010, 00:17

The Brock Commodore Owners Association of Aust (BCOAA) has an annual weekend away, which is looked forward to with much anticipation.

We headed down on Friday, with most of the NSW BCOAA crew met at Sutton Forest under threatening skies.

The further south we headed, the worse conditions became, until several hours down the road, we finally ground to a halt......

The road had flooded, with one of the local road workers saying that in his 30 years in the job, he'd not seen the road flooded here. (Remembering this is the main highway between Sydney & Melbourne)

We were probably there for almost an hour before water levels dropped enough for us to continue. With the pizzas ordered for delivery at our motel at 6.30, we were still on track and very pleased to be on the move.

It would have been less than 10 miles down the road, & we're on the brakes again!

Having learnt from the last time.....................

I wasn't clock watching, but I think it was well over an hour before the authorities decided the was no prospect of the south-bound side of the road being useable anytime soon, that they decided we should be diverted to the opposite side of the highway.

There was LOTS of water around
but it was great to be back on the road, with our pizzas beckoning.

Until about 30 miles down the road

After a couple of hours and no idea if or when the road would re-open we booked into a motel and headed off for dinner. We'd almost finished eating when word came through that the road had re-opened, but they were only letting 20 cars through at a time. We decided to ditch our plans for the motel & hit the road again, but with a bankup of traffic it took some time for us to get through.

After expecting to arrive at about 3 pm, we finally rolled in at 10.30. An epic day..........:eek::eek:
Cheers
Phil
014 Phil

Re: BCOAA Albury Weekend

Postby 014 Phil » 18 Oct 2010, 23:15

Saturay morning dawned fine for our display. We were supposed to be parked on the grass, but that was not happening!
HDT 001 (above) was Peter Champion's Choice
The black VK Director (above) won People's Choice, while the VC below won Best VC, Best Engine Bay & Best Interior. It is a truly stunning car.
Below, Best VL & Best Exterior
White VL wagon was President's Choice
Cheers
Phil
014 Phil

Postby 014 Phil » 18 Oct 2010, 23:31

Peter Champion (current owner of HDT) is a great supporter, and brought along the just released 30th Anniversary VE/VC Retro

He also had his replica 1980 Bathurst winner along, which I had to try for size!

Cheers
Phil
014 Phil

Postby 014 Phil » 18 Oct 2010, 23:39

In the afternoon we went for a 'spirited' drive around Hume Weir

A few of us then took the opportunity to get some photos of the best model Brock Commodore made........
Cheers
Phil
014 Phil

Postby 001 Neville » 19 Oct 2010, 23:22

As always, Phil, a good collection of cars, photos and a great weekend.

Glad to see it dried out a bit after rather the damp start :D
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 028 Sean » 27 Oct 2010, 00:24

WOW Phil, you've got some really nice pics there mate! The flooding ones at the beginning were shocking for us Brits to see though. I always look forward to reading your posts and looking at your excellent pictures too Phil. I cannot wait to see what you'll show us all next, keep up the good work mate!!! 8) 8) 8)
028 Sean

Postby 020 Brad » 28 Oct 2010, 20:54

Agreed, I enjoyed reading about your little adventure. Sound similar to our trips away, which I would document better for you chaps, but my car is generally the only one from the GM stable, so probably not particularly exciting.
020 Brad

Return to Car & General Chat