Bitter SC and CD cars - split from Photos from Blighty

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Re: Bitter SC and CD cars - split from Photos from Blighty

Postby 001 Neville » 12 Aug 2010, 10:48

Is that Derek Hunt? He has the Ferguson 4x4 Monza, and various other Opel straight sixes too.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 028 Sean » 13 Aug 2010, 12:13

001 Neville wrote:Is that Derek Hunt? He has the Ferguson 4x4 Monza, and various other Opel straight sixes too.

Yes, That is correct Nev! :wink:

He is almost as bad as you Nev at collecting GM cars because his other sixes include a Lotus Omega, a Monza GSE - FF, a Senator A - FF, a Carlton Diamond Estate 24v, an Ex-Police Senator B 24v, a late Senator B CD 3.0i 24v, 5 x Bitter's and God only knows how many Monza's and a Vauxhall Frontera too. This is also the chap I bought my 3.6L Irmscher Senator from....

HTH! :P
028 Sean

Postby 001 Neville » 13 Aug 2010, 12:22

028 Sean wrote:
001 Neville wrote:Is that Derek Hunt? He has the Ferguson 4x4 Monza, and various other Opel straight sixes too.

Yes, That is correct Nev! :wink:

He is almost as bad as you Nev at collecting GM cars because his other sixes include a Lotus Omega, a Monza GSE - FF, a Senator A - FF, a Carlton Diamond Estate 24v, an Ex-Police Senator B 24v, a late Senator B CD 3.0i 24v, 5 x Bitter's and God only knows how many Monza's and a Vauxhall Frontera too. This is also the chap I bought my 3.6L Irmscher Senator from....

HTH! :P

Almost as bad! :shock:

Sounds like he is well ahead of me! I'd love to have just a half of that collection...... but then I would probably not have a wife to come home to!
5 Bitters! All SCs or is there some CDs in there too (even though they are not straight sixes)? I knew he has the Monza FF, but he has a Senator FF too? 8) I know he had a falling out with the ABS club at some time, but is he approachable for pics of his collection?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 028 Sean » 13 Aug 2010, 12:30

001 Neville wrote:5 Bitters! All SCs or is there some CDs in there too (even though they are not straight sixes)? I knew he has the Monza FF, but he has a Senator FF too? 8)

They are all SC's Nev, just like the silver one he brought to Castle Combe last Saturday. I'm sure you knew he had the white gold metallic Senator A - FF too as I could have sworn that we've chatted about that car before on the ABS forum Nev! :?

001 Neville wrote:I know he had a falling out with the ABS club at some time, but is he approachable for pics of his collection?

Yes, he did a bit Nev. If you are part of the ABS, then its a definate no-no. I'm not sure if he would tell me to go forth and multiply though as I've never asked to take pictures of his fleet. I suppose I could ask him nicely Nev, he can only say no! :lol: :lol: :lol:
028 Sean

Postby 001 Neville » 13 Aug 2010, 12:41

028 Sean wrote:
001 Neville wrote:5 Bitters! All SCs or is there some CDs in there too (even though they are not straight sixes)? I knew he has the Monza FF, but he has a Senator FF too? 8)

They are all SC's Nev, just like the silver one he brought to Castle Combe last Saturday. I'm sure you knew he had the white gold metallic Senator A - FF too as I could have sworn that we've chatted about that car before on the ABS forum Nev! :?

001 Neville wrote:I know he had a falling out with the ABS club at some time, but is he approachable for pics of his collection?

Yes, he did a bit Nev. If you are part of the ABS, then its a definate no-no. I'm not sure if he would tell me to go forth and multiply though as I've never asked to take pictures of his fleet. I suppose I could ask him nicely Nev, he can only say no! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I speak to lots of people about Opels, on several different forums, so probably slipped my mind. :| Memory is probably going :roll: I remember we mentioned the Brixmis FF Senators on here recently.

He might say no, but he could also say yes! :wink: I did contact him at one stage when I was desperate for rear trailing arms for my UK Monza, but his prices were high, so had to try elsewhere.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 028 Sean » 13 Aug 2010, 13:13

001 Neville wrote:He might say no, but he could also say yes! :wink:

PMSL!!! :wink:

I'll ask Derek for you Nev but I wouldn't hold your breath mate. Derek is quite a busy fellow and although we could probably see each other across the Bristol Channel, going the land way around to each others homes takes a bit more than 5 minutes. If Derek agrees and we both get the time then I'll do what I can but it'll probably take a while Nev.

Talking of Bitters Nev, (as you probably seen on the ABS forum) I was quite a while ago tempted in buying the Stephen Dowling 078 Bitter SC FF that came up for sale....

Thankfully after seeing it and talking to Derek, I realised its restoration was far beyond my limited skills and because this rare car had stood for so long....it was probably only good for parts mostly as a mechanical spares car. Its a shame to see a car like this end up rusting away in a field that way but when the majority of motoring enthusiasts don't know what these are, what else can we expect to happen eh?? :( :( :(
028 Sean

Postby 001 Neville » 21 Aug 2010, 22:02

I had also been offered that Bitter as I had tracked down Steve Dowling through the Bitter Club ... eventually! I saw those same pics and decided it was beyond anything I could consider too.

So, I followed up on a lhd Bitter SC that was for sale a couple of years back in Oz, and it is still for sale.

While I had raided the money box for all my rainy day funds, and could raise the original money he was looking for (AU$12,000), the guy turned round and said he wanted AU$17,000 instead! :shock: :x :x :x He is also proposing shipping the car back to Europe as he has seen the prices and demand has risen over there where he currently works, although he talked about shipping it last time too! :roll:

No way I can spare that amount at this time, so I've had to draw a line under my dream to own a Bitter - it's not going to happen! :roll: :( Bu**er!!
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Car & General Chat