Aust - Brock Club Play Day

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Aust - Brock Club Play Day

Postby 014 Phil » 10 Mar 2010, 21:19

The NSW branch of the Brock Commodore Owners Association of Aust had a run on Saturday. Good weather was crucial to the event. After a very wet Friday, the forecast wasn't good.

Arriving at the meeting point we were greeted by an old bus, and drizzly rain.
The poor weather saw a number of people leaving their Brocks tuck up safely in their garages.

Fortunately the half hour drive to the property of speedway legend Barry Graham saw the weather gods smiling on us.

Barry has a sensational workshop. Just inside the workshop was a 1948 Offenhauser speedcar.

If that looks too old & slow, a modern sprintcar could be the answer.

After we had a good look around we were provided a delicious morning tea, then we suited up ready for the real stuff!!

We headed over to his track & had the obligitory photos taken.

They really are small.............

There was time for some VC watching in between runs.

Cars were run one at a time, with pace dictated by the lead car, driven by one of Barry's crew.

This was an unbelievably enjoyable day, and it was fantastic of Barry and his family to put it on for us.
Cheers
Phil
014 Phil

Re: Aust - Brock Club Play Day

Postby 028 Sean » 11 Mar 2010, 04:43

Some really nice pic's there Phil! :D

I've gotta show that one of the Bus to my Father who has worked on the Buses here in the UK for the past 42 years. He gets quite nostalgic about the older classic buses and that pic you have posted looks to me to be very similar to the AEC Regent III's of the 1940's!
028 Sean

Return to Car & General Chat