Christchurch meeting, 21 March, Ruapuna!

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Christchurch meeting, 21 March, Ruapuna!

Postby 001 Neville » 03 Mar 2010, 21:43

Just been passed this info. This is the group that normally meet out at Orton Bradley Park.... and they've tied the meeting in with a good event at Ruapuna this time! Yay!

Well, it’s time to try something different!

European Car Day this year will be at Powerbuilt Tools Raceway, Ruapuna on Sunday 21st March.
Cost $10.00 per car collected at the gate by Canterbury Car Club staff.
This is a Motorsport weekend and on the Sunday there is racing from 10.30am - 4.00pm.
Of special interest will be “German Rennsport” which involves all the German Marques. Also pre 65 saloons.

Full programme can be seen on the Canterbury Car Club website.

European Car Day will be held on the north side grassed picnic area as you enter Ruapuna.

I will be there by 9.00am to organize the cars into Marques. To make this easier please email me indication of how many cars will be coming from your club.

Let me know who is coming so I can make a club booking asap please. North Island members also welcome of course.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: Christchurch meeting, 21 March, Ruapuna!

Postby 002 Lindsay » 05 Mar 2010, 17:08

Hi Neville wont see me it clashes with a charity parade we are doing up here onthe Sunday for the local hospice,so will have to make it next year hopefully. Cheers.

PS Vauxhall only this time 8) 8) 8).
002 Lindsay, Nelson
002 Lindsay

Postby 001 Neville » 05 Mar 2010, 17:31

002 Lindsay wrote:Hi Neville wont see me it clashes with a charity parade we are doing up here onthe Sunday for the local hospice,so will have to make it next year hopefully. Cheers.

PS Vauxhall only this time 8) 8) 8).

That's a pity, Linz. Thought you would be down for sure when combined with the racing too...... :wink: I guess they'll decide about next year depending on the response to this event.

Come on everyone! Let's see some enthusiasm! Unfortunately the DTM Omega won't be racing, but there is a possibility we can go to see it in the container where it is currently stored, subject to the owner being available.

http://www.canterburycarclub.co.nz/ClubSport/German%20Rennsport.php
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 017 Michael » 06 Mar 2010, 12:00

well i might have to give the monza a clean and bring it out.sounds like a good day
2x86 opel monza
017 Michael

Postby 001 Neville » 08 Mar 2010, 21:09

017 Michael wrote:well i might have to give the monza a clean and bring it out.sounds like a good day

Sounds a good idea, Michael. What about the rest of your Opel family too :) Will be more interesting than in the past, so let them know!

What about Matt and his Manta - haven't seen or heard from him for a while?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 001 Neville » 12 Mar 2010, 20:25

HELLO!! .... hello hello hello! We've got an echo here in this empty South Island forum

Is there anybody out there! ...... out there! out there!

Where the heck is everyone???? I've emailed each SI member in addition to a Private Message and still I've only got two members who have bothered to answer, with only one who can come.

I accept some won't be able to make the date, but even that response to is better than none at all! This is getting beyond a joke, and I'm pretty disappointed.

Looking at the last/only dates some people have logged on, there might need to be a cull of inactive members since the whole point of the forum is interaction - even if some people aren't interested in attending club meets. Why bother signing onto the Forum otherwise?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 127 Gordo » 12 Mar 2010, 22:40

001 Neville wrote:HELLO!! .... hello hello hello! We've got an echo here in this empty South Island forum

Is there anybody out there! ...... out there! out there!

Where the heck is everyone???? I've emailed each SI member in addition to a Private Message and still I've only got two members who have bothered to answer, with only one who can come.

I accept some won't be able to make the date, but even that response to is better than none at all! This is getting beyond a joke, and I'm pretty disappointed.

Looking at the last/only dates some people have logged on, there might need to be a cull of inactive members since the whole point of the forum is interaction - even if some people aren't interested in attending club meets. Why bother signing onto the Forum otherwise?

Unfortunately, this is common with many forums and clubs. Many people are focused on themselves or are a bit a-social - not anti' but not keen on big meetings (like me).
However, there's no real excuse for so many just not replying one way or the other - that's just plain bad manners, in my book!
Last edited by 127 Gordo on 13 Mar 2010, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
127 Gordo

Postby 017 Michael » 13 Mar 2010, 11:52

come on nevvile your favourite monza owner replyed so you should be happy :D

well matts manta is of the roar at the moment but he will be coming with me in the monza,i have told the family and you might have a cople a kaddetts ,a calibra and maybe a mv6 omega
2x86 opel monza
017 Michael

Postby 001 Neville » 13 Mar 2010, 16:35

Did you both get a separate email and a Private Message from the forum, Michael and Lindsay?

I just need to check these things are being sent ok since there is always the possibility that these things are not being going out correctly from the Forum software as it is currently set up. I need to do an upgrade, but since this is all out of my own pocket ....
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 002 Lindsay » 15 Mar 2010, 08:45

Sorry Neville got my days wrong we had the parade last night but still cant make it as working Fri and the rest of weekend,havnt built enough holidays up with this job yet, :( :( :(
002 Lindsay, Nelson
002 Lindsay

Postby 001 Neville » 02 Apr 2010, 15:25

Okay, I've had a few enquiries about what happened at Ruapuna.... there was a grand total of TWO Opels :shock: Thanks to Christchurch member Dave Irving who showed up alongside me with his Vectra A. The only consolation is that the other clubs had equally poor showing, with about 10 cars in total! :( ... and the entry was free!

The racing was ok, as its the first time I've been to Ruapuna, and some pics below of a BMW 635CSI that I particularly liked in the Rennsport German series, against Porsches and smaller BMWs

Other interesting cars to be seen around the track and car park were ...

OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 001 Neville » 02 Apr 2010, 15:30

... the DTM Omega was also not available to see, as the owner was off on a classic car run around the country, but he is happy to let us see it another time, along with the rest of his collection which I think includes a couple of Ferraris.

So, on the whole, a very disappointing day! :?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Return to Car & General Chat