Nice Day for a Drive

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Nice Day for a Drive

Postby 014 Phil » 30 Dec 2009, 21:07

Perfect weather for a drive with a few mates today. Some nice roads, followed by lunch at a local pub. Every day should be like this!
Cheers
Phil
014 Phil

Re: Nice Day for a Drive

Postby 072 Dinesh » 02 Jan 2010, 15:46

Some gorgeous beasts there. I will have your HDT over the other three anyday.
072 Dinesh

Postby 028 Sean » 03 Jan 2010, 07:47

014 Phil wrote:Perfect weather for a drive with a few mates today. Every day should be like this!

Thats not FAIR!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

You're just showing off now Phil....

You do know that back here in Blighty we still have Snow & Ice mate! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only messing with ya Phil, nice pics mate!

Who are the owners of the MG V8 & M3? Do these people also own Holdens too??
028 Sean

Postby 014 Phil » 03 Jan 2010, 12:37

Love your pic Sean. I've heard it's been a little cool over there.......... :shock: :shock:

The other three people are all former Brock Commodore owners. The guy with the M3 had two VC Brock Commodores which he replaced with the M3 and a 328GTS Ferrari, the guy with the RV8 also has a (1983?) 911, those cars replacing his two Brock Commodores. The guy with the GTO previously had two VL Group A's (one a Brock, the other a Walkinshaw), which were replaced with the GTO and a (1996?) 911. Me, I've done the 911 thing, but now I think I'll stick with my old GM stuff. 8) 8)
Cheers
Phil
014 Phil

Postby 028 Sean » 04 Jan 2010, 11:44

014 Phil wrote: Me, I've done the 911 thing, but now I think I'll stick with my old GM stuff. 8) 8)

Here-here! :D I don't blame you one bit Phil! :wink: :wink: :wink:

As part of my Job(s) I've been lucky enough to drive some really nice machinery....(Including a few different Porsche's)....Over the years.

(The Cayenne Turbo could easily make its Traction Control go mental at tripple figure speeds!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: )

And all of these modern cars had two things in common. 1) Excessive speed was way too easy to do in these vehicles and because of this your driving style would change so much that you'd 2) only wait for a long enough stretch of road....then floor the load pedal deep into the carpet and back off again as soon as the next bend occured.

I'd drive like a point and squirt fairy like a BLOODY Biker!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

All of the skill required to be committed and take corners at speed was lost in these cars. Its not as if these modern vehicles didn't enspire confidence....more like it was a waste to even try wasting these vehicles time!

In my Carlton, getting the car leaning heavily on its suspension and feeling the G-forces working my cars components is all part of the enjoyment of this vehicle. Its not the fastest, its not the slowest but what this car has is bags of character and thats IMHO is what makes this old bus FUN!!! 8) 8) 8)

So, I'll stick with this old GM stuff too Phil! :D
028 Sean

Postby 014 Phil » 05 Jan 2010, 00:08

I've said EXACTLY the same about how good modern cars are. You have to be so far above normal road limits to get any sensation of speed. One time I had a new Commodore SSV 6.o lt 6-speed manual.

Awesome car, but just didn't do it for me. I had to go for a spin in the VC afterwards, and it sounded heaps better, and it actually felt like you were driving the car. :D
Cheers
Phil
014 Phil

Postby 028 Sean » 05 Jan 2010, 08:14

014 Phil wrote:Awesome car, but just didn't do it for me. I had to go for a spin in the VC afterwards, and it sounded heaps better, and it actually felt like you were driving the car. :D

I know what you mean Phil and I'm also glad that I'm not the only one, out in the World who feels this way about more modern performance vehicles! :D :D :D
028 Sean

Return to Car & General Chat