Tigra - worth considering?

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Tigra - worth considering?

Postby 001 Neville » 16 Dec 2009, 23:18

Just wondered if anyone had experience of the Tigras?

My daughter's Nissan Micra/March is a great little car around town but at only 1000cc is not going to be up to regular trips over the Kilmog between Timaru and Dunedin.

She may just continue to use the intercity, but I'm just checking out options at this stage. I wondered if this Tigra is a possible alternative, although with only 1400cc and auto box it may struggle too?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=258553882

Looks like the car is already in Dunedin parked on one of the hills! LOL!
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: Tigra - worth considering?

Postby 021 Chad » 17 Dec 2009, 07:43

May be a bit wheezy with the 1400 but it's still a rather peppy wee motor (when coupled to a 5spd)
The Tigra is effectively a corsa with a nice wee streamlined body. The Tigra is to the Corsa what the Calibra is to the Vectra, if that makes sense.
Go for it I say.

PS: there is a gent on waiheke island with a Tigra thats running calibra suspension and a super 20XE motor with all the shiny bits. Still in assembly of course but with pumped arches and an extra 100mm or so of track these things look incredible.
Yamaha XJR1300
Opel Vectra GT 16v AKA: "Evil Opel", AKA:"The Chavalier"
021 Chad

Postby 020 Brad » 17 Dec 2009, 08:13

I saw that rear window and cringed. Theres certain cars, the Toyota Sera springs to mind, with rediculous wrap around windows that are near worthless because a simple cracked rear screen results in them being written off and as Insurance companies have clicked on to this, they are usually very difficult or expensive to insure. The Tigra definitely looks like that to me and I haven't seen a lot around in NZ to source parts from, so look into that before purchasing. It may not be the case at al, just just to be aware.
020 Brad

Postby 001 Neville » 17 Dec 2009, 20:49

Yes, I figured the manual would be better if I could find one. Maybe the Corsa/Barina would be more suitable as they at least have a rear seat, and some are 4 door + tailgate too.

Fair point with the rear window, Brad. I've not seen many over here either for replacements.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Return to Car & General Chat