BCOAA Barry Graham Workshop Visit

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

BCOAA Barry Graham Workshop Visit

Postby 014 Phil » 26 Jun 2009, 23:52

Last Sunday, myself & fellow members of the Brock Commodore Owners' Association of Aust (BCOAA) had the privilege of visiting the property/workshop of speedway legend Barry Graham.

I'll let the photos do the talking, but I think it's safe to say we all had a fantastic day. Never before have I seen so many grown man in awe. What the photos don't show is all the equipment which makes the workshop fully self-sufficient, including an engine dyno. Sensational stuff!!

We met at Pheasants Nest

Some very scenic roads saw us arriving at Barry's place keen to see what was in store..........

And then out to see what he had in the yard..............
(it's a 1/5 mile banked oval :shock: )

Barry went above & beyond in making us welcome, with stories ranging from the halcyon days of paved speedway at Liverpool City Raceway (be there!), to his assistance to Marcus Ambrose in getting his NASCAR career off the ground. His wife Kay & daughter Mandy were on hand to ensure we were fed & watered, and no-one was left wanting in that regard either.

No visit to the Southern Highlands is complete without a visit to the Robertson Pie Shop.

Now we just need to go back to have a go around that oval he has in his back-yard.......... :o :o :o :o
Cheers
Phil
014 Phil

Re: BCOAA Barry Graham Workshop Visit

Postby 028 Sean » 28 Jun 2009, 01:01

Looks like a really great day there Phil! :D

I like the picture where the tables and stools are made out of Alloy wheel rims! 8) 8) 8)
028 Sean

Re: BCOAA Barry Graham Workshop Visit

Postby 109 Chris T » 28 Jun 2009, 04:14

Looked a great day, love the stools and tables :D
109 Chris T

Return to Car & General Chat