Former Nazi car in CHCH?

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Former Nazi car in CHCH?

Postby 008 Julian W » 24 Feb 2009, 23:51

In 1992 I heard a interesting story :shock:
I heard this from meeting a friend of my sister in laws who was 'artistic model' and later girl friend to a 'Dutchman' 45 years her senior in Christchurch who spent a lot time regular travelling to South America like Brazil and Argentina who had in his posession in Chch a large Opel late 30s Cabrio dressed up in Nazi colours - I thought it might be one of 4 smaller Opel Kadett Cabrios that were imported NZ new but she is adamant it was a big car - Opel Kadett about size of a Ford 'stand up in Beg' Popular - so this car could be ultra rare Opel Admiral 6cylinder Convertible where only around 4 surivors (more are popping up in recent years as barn finds in Poland; Czechoslavia ; Lybia and India! ) (6 cylinder engine was what powered the Opel Blitz trucks of world war 2 and they were known for their speed ; Mercedes Benz also made them but stuck Mercedes -Benz emblems on them)

A Few years later I tried to get more information on this gentleman and even 2 years ago she has remained 'freaked out by this guy' and to this day remains tight lipped about it!! By now he must be dead! but his car could remain in his garage - What an interesting find that would be!

Cheers Julian
008 Julian W

Return to Car & General Chat