Car Shows coming up

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Car Shows coming up

Postby 001 Neville » 17 Jan 2009, 18:31

Galaxy of Cars, Sunday 1st February. Close to Auckland Zoo? Drivers of show vehicle free, others $8. I've no more details, and you may need to pre-register so if someone wants to get a group together, you'l need to get Googling to find some more details :wink:

Ellerslie Classic Car Show, Sunday 8 February. I'm sure this one is display by invitation only, but should be well worth a visit to view the cars on show!

European Car Day, Orton Bradley Park, Banks Peninsula, Christchurch 1 March,

Whenuapai Air & Car Show, Saturday March 21st

GM Classic Car & Hotrod Show, 2009. Sunday 24 May. Clevedon Primary School(?), near Ardmore :?:

Anyone interested in organising attendance? Chad?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: Car Shows coming up in Auckland

Postby 021 Chad » 20 Jan 2009, 10:26

I will be at Galaxy of cars, the event is at Motat2, behind Auckland zoo. (thats the Motat with the Aeroplanes)

I will be there with VOS NZ (Vauxhall Opel Sport) this club is mostly made up of 80's and 90's Opels and Vauxies with a few members driving 70's era cars. We should have a few nice Opels of all ages and sizes on display so come down and have a chat.

As far as I am aware this event is invite only, but if we get in early next year and chat to the organizers, I'm sure we could get a few big six Opels from the classic register to fill out the GM ranks a bit.

I will post pics of the event when complete.
Yamaha XJR1300
Opel Vectra GT 16v AKA: "Evil Opel", AKA:"The Chavalier"
021 Chad

Re: Car Shows coming up

Postby 002 Lindsay » 20 Feb 2009, 11:52

Couple of things happening in Nelson the Classic motoring soc run this Sunday,going in the Monzas Karen will take one ill take the other,hoping its fine and the Muscle car spectacular at end of the month,again both Monzas will be going,looks like ill have a shift off,wiil see. CHEERS.
002 Lindsay, Nelson
002 Lindsay

Return to Car & General Chat