Quiet on here .......

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Do members want to continue access to the OpelForum website or use Facebook page instead?

I don't use Facebook/what is Facebook?
17%
I use Facebook but also use this OpelForum website
33%
I don't look on the website unless I am notified of new content
17%
Other comments?
33%

Total votes : 6

Quiet on here .......

Postby 001 Neville » 24 Apr 2017, 22:17

Shhh, everyone is asleep!

Seriously, the website is getting little response these days, and I understand it is a common theme for many car clubs.

I have to admit I do not visit it so often myself, as I have been posting things like the car show attendance on the Facebook page. But I realise not everyone has Fb or is interested in getting onto Fb, so will maintain the website for the meantime.

Let me know your feelings on this please?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: Quiet on here .......

Postby 020 Brad » 23 May 2017, 22:47

I can only speak for myself - purely from a time perspective I no longer have an opportunity to trawl the forums like I used to. I very rarely go on a computer now, I usually just use my phone, and this leads me to just checking as few sites as I can to get the info I need. I find Facebook and the messenger keep me updated with friends and what I need to know about car updates - not that there's really a huge amount happening in that regard these days either.

For me it is kind of a sign of the times. Sure I have young kids now, so things have changed for me, but it seems others are in a similar position for whatever reason. Whether it is time, or money, I'm really not sure.

While it is great to have a forum like this, and it is just so much easier to search and see updates etc than facebook, I do wonder whether the days of traditional forums are numbered.
020 Brad

Return to Car & General Chat