Opel Monza/Senator Vauxhall Royale Poly Sub Frame Bushes

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Opel Monza/Senator Vauxhall Royale Poly Sub Frame Bushes

Postby 022 Ian » 04 Nov 2014, 15:24

Hi All

K-mac have only made one prototype set and I've had them in my Monza for a long time - they needed a section of chassis, trailing arm, cover plate and bolt damper and bush to make a proper one. I cut this out of a car in preparation (a year or two ago) but I needed to send to Australia so he can take proper measurements and make a production mold to produce a bush to the same design as the prototype. This happened this summer.

My original prototype one was made using a mold made from a bush I sent him so in terms of finish and design it can only be described as rough and ready but functional.

Because it was made from a mold made from a bush it has the void areas - the final version will be totally round so orientation when fitting will not be an issue - it will also be voided probably 4-6 holes and made from same grade of Poly that the other donut bushes were made from.

I'm not interested in getting OZ grade stuff for UK use we've seen it happen before they are obsessed with stiffness and lack of any compliance (I believe the aussies associate lack of compliance and stiffness with great handling........ )

So I have a group buy running on the ABS and I'm throwing it open to you too (logistics however will be slightly different (as will cost - hopefully you won't have the same duty issues (6% import tax on cost of item and shipping with then 20% on top of it all again) and I'm sure I don't need to ship them to the UK to then send back to NZ

(Hoping someone will help here and act as a co-ordinator)
BC
022 Ian

Re: Opel Monza/Senator Vauxhall Royale Poly Sub Frame Bushes

Postby 001 Neville » 04 Nov 2014, 22:24

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the invitation to join the group purchase. I'm happy to act as coordinator for NZ, but we may be able to get an Aussie member to receive and forward them on as a small package to NZ. Depending on quantities, they may be able to send to UK too?

How many sets do we need to buy to get a good price for all? Is your sample of appropriate poly, and are you happy with the result?

Cheers

Neville
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 022 Ian » 05 Nov 2014, 02:25

001 Neville wrote:Hi Ian,

Thanks for the invitation to join the group purchase. I'm happy to act as coordinator for NZ, but we may be able to get an Aussie member to receive and forward them on as a small package to NZ. Depending on quantities, they may be able to send to UK too?

I'm really grateful that you can help Neville - On reflection I probably should have pinged you a pm first - sorry.

That would probably work well for NZ but I can't see a solution to the UK arrival "Duty" implications no matter where it comes from - the qtys are likely to be 25-40 sets so two big boxes - HMRC (or rather their agents - all international shippers) are getting very hot on "gifts" so it's actually not worth the risk to try and get stuff in under the radar. Get discovered and I need to ask everyone for more money so better to be really clear and up front for what the cost will be and include all Shipping and duty element.

001 Neville wrote:How many sets do we need to buy to get a good price for all?

For the Monza/Senator bushes - we should have enough to get the cost down to a price break point that works for all - I just didn't want the Monza Fans in NZ to miss out hence the option to join (sort of)

Plan would be if possible to get any Classic Opel Form NZ requirements added to the ABS production run but just divert a part of the production run at the shipping stage (meaning you don't pay UK duty or tax - just shipping from OZ to NZ and your local taxes?

001 Neville wrote:Is your sample of appropriate poly, and are you happy with the result?

I've been very happy with the sample it's done exactly the same to the Monza as the Poly ones did to my Senator B and LC - stiffened it up with adding to NVH levels

It needs top hat damper - which I've never had (just used the OE metal and rubber washers which are normally shot to bits) but now K-Mac have a complete chassis section with beam section they can produce those easily to suit as part of the sub frame poly bush kit.
BC
022 Ian

Postby 001 Neville » 05 Nov 2014, 09:53

Ok well I could be keen for a couple of sets for my Monzas/Senator A. What price?

We have about 10 Monza owners here on the Forum.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 022 Ian » 05 Nov 2014, 13:06

001 Neville wrote:Ok well I could be keen for a couple of sets for my Monzas/Senator A. What price?

Still negotiating on that - right now they are more than I want them to be.

Base price for one set if $295 US per set

More than 5 sets $210 US per set but it needs to be a bit better than that (I'm targeting 25 sets at a minimum)

001 Neville wrote:We have about 10 Monza owners here on the Forum.

I won't count any chickens anwhere until I have a firmer price and some clear price breaks
BC
022 Ian

Postby 278 Ryan T » 17 Dec 2014, 14:10

WIll be keen on a set of these. No doubt will need to replace them soon enough. Neville can you email me when/if an order goes through please.
278 Ryan T

Postby 001 Neville » 17 Dec 2014, 17:18

Sure, Ryan. Not heard any more from Ian, but I guess he will let us know if anything proceeds.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Return to Car & General Chat