Ashburton car meeting - South Island

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Ashburton car meeting - South Island

Postby 001 Neville » 18 Apr 2013, 19:40

We have been invited to attend 20th Ashburton Plains Classic Vintage and Veteran Car Run on Sunday 5th May. There will be hot food and hot/cold drinks available for purchase at the end venue in a reserve at the Lyndhurst area.

Registration at Ashburton Airport and Museum at north end of town between 8.30 - 10am. Cost is $25/car including certificate, morning tea at the airport, and entry for car/passengers at venue.

Extra interest item is Ford vehicles this year. Best vehicle vote.

Run in conjunction with Ashburton's "Wheels Week" so opportunity to take part in street parade will be an option.

Let me know if you are interested in meeting me there as it could be a good day out.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: Ashburton car meeting - South Island

Postby 001 Neville » 02 May 2013, 00:36

Ok, I take it that there is no interest from any members to attend this event. I may go along anyway.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 117 Alan F » 12 May 2013, 00:17

I was there in the '92 frontera, as were Graeme and Gail from Dunedin in their calibra, but it would have to be said that you didn't miss much. numbers way down on previous years, perhaps the $25 entry has scared most people away. Shame, this used to be a good day out.
117 Alan F

Postby 001 Neville » 12 May 2013, 00:34

Thanks for that. I must say the $25 entry did seem a bit steep.

I was in Ashburton on the Saturday for business, and could find nothing happening/advertised for this Wheels Week/Swapmeet event anyway, so that put me off the idea of coming back up on the Sunday - plus the weather forecast was not good.

Maybe they need to reconsider that charge to get more people interested.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Return to Car & General Chat