Opel Kadett Superboss vs. BMW 325iS with Chris Harris

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

Opel Kadett Superboss vs. BMW 325iS with Chris Harris

Postby 026 Nik » 18 Mar 2013, 19:46

026 Nik

Re: Opel Kadett Superboss vs. BMW 325iS with Chris Harris

Postby 021 Chad » 18 Mar 2013, 20:01

Loved that video, as a kid Mike Briggs was my god. Dad worked at Opel so naturally every race day I was there trying to get into the pits. After the race I would hit the track on my BMX and try to hit the apexes like the big boys. Cheers for the memories!

I particularly enjoyed the hilarity at the end about the build quality of the Kadett / Astra / Superboss. Not flash at all, but shit did they go!
I remember taking a buddy out in the white GTE I had for a while and scaring him to the point of nervous twitching and cold sweats. We didn't even need to brake the speed limit :shock:. More power, less chassis, more fun!
Yamaha XJR1300
Opel Vectra GT 16v AKA: "Evil Opel", AKA:"The Chavalier"
021 Chad

Postby 127 Gordo » 18 Mar 2013, 20:51

You beat me, Nik, I just saw that on the VASK forum and was going to add the link.
Chad, what were the improvments on the 'Boss - mild cams, LSD and imnproved exhaust - I think you said they were good for around 180hp?
127 Gordo

Postby 026 Nik » 18 Mar 2013, 21:00

021 Chad wrote:Loved that video, as a kid Mike Briggs was my god. Dad worked at Opel so naturally every race day I was there trying to get into the pits. After the race I would hit the track on my BMX and try to hit the apexes like the big boys. Cheers for the memories!

I particularly enjoyed the hilarity at the end about the build quality of the Kadett / Astra / Superboss. Not flash at all, but shit did they go!
I remember taking a buddy out in the white GTE I had for a while and scaring him to the point of nervous twitching and cold sweats. We didn't even need to brake the speed limit :shock:. More power, less chassis, more fun!

I had some great drives in the GTE, that car has/had? such a strong engine.

127 Gordo wrote:You beat me, Nik, I just saw that on the VASK forum and was going to add the link.
Chad, what were the improvments on the 'Boss - mild cams, LSD and imnproved exhaust - I think you said they were good for around 180hp?

;)
Arent they 125KW? So 15 more than a standard Catted C20XE.
026 Nik

Postby 021 Chad » 18 Mar 2013, 21:51

Yup 170Hp, with a very much improved torque delivery.

The modification list is as follows for a factory Superboss:
- 4-1 headers into Bro-speed exhaust system.
- Heavier gauge body pressings in the floor pan especially in the fire wall.
- 'Tubbed' rear arches with rolled guards front and back for wider rubber and wheels.
- F20 5spd with LSD
- Promotec ECU chip
- 276 Shrick cams
- Lower, stiffer springs with Bilstein shocks.
- Larger airbox with K&N filter.
Yamaha XJR1300
Opel Vectra GT 16v AKA: "Evil Opel", AKA:"The Chavalier"
021 Chad

Return to Car & General Chat