What do NORTH Island members want from the OpelForum?

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

What do members wish to see from the OpelForum "club"

Poll ended at 06 Dec 2012, 15:53

Internet interaction only - not interested in showing my car
13%
Happy to attend local car events
20%
Not interested in anything outside the city/district
No votes
Keen to travel to events further afield for a day out
33%
Happy to pay a donation towards display costs and signage
33%

Total votes : 15

Re: What do NORTH Island members want from the OpelForum?

Postby 127 Gordo » 11 Nov 2012, 21:39

I just voted the first option, due to circumstnaces and, as they change, I expect several other options would be selected.

As I've probably got the 'messiest' shed at the mo', I'd say it depended on how someone described it as a 'mass' :wink:
127 Gordo

Postby 155 Paul G » 27 Nov 2012, 20:21

021 Chad wrote:I think having regular meets really changes the dynamic a bit. At the moment we all have a common interest in the brand of car that we enjoy caring for. However when regular meets start happening, it becomes more of a social situation. In which case many of you may not be interested in hanging around with a chap my age :lol: (different interests and motivations etc). At the end of the day we hail from multiple age groups and interest groups and these will not always line up.

How well do the Eurosport pub meets go Chad? Not recommending drinking and driving, but something along that line may work.

I'm keen to have an excuse to use my cars more. Whether it be drives, doing events out of Auckland or in Auckland.
155 Paul G

Postby 021 Chad » 28 Nov 2012, 08:32

155 Paul G wrote:
021 Chad wrote:I think having regular meets really changes the dynamic a bit. At the moment we all have a common interest in the brand of car that we enjoy caring for. However when regular meets start happening, it becomes more of a social situation. In which case many of you may not be interested in hanging around with a chap my age :lol: (different interests and motivations etc). At the end of the day we hail from multiple age groups and interest groups and these will not always line up.

How well do the Eurosport pub meets go Chad? Not recommending drinking and driving, but something along that line may work.

I'm keen to have an excuse to use my cars more. Whether it be drives, doing events out of Auckland or in Auckland.

With monthly meets (usually at a pub) you find that the same small group of people will be there every month. Most others tend to find an excuse.
Yamaha XJR1300
Opel Vectra GT 16v AKA: "Evil Opel", AKA:"The Chavalier"
021 Chad

Postby 060 Adrian » 23 Dec 2012, 10:50

Or perhaps a meeting/car run on the first sunday every third month of the year~Adrian.
AKH
060 Adrian

Postby 066 Tim » 28 Jan 2013, 11:39

Lol chad garage cruise... I'll show you a messy shed (actually will show you two!)
If I can get my bottom in gear to get Chevini legal I would love to come along and show people what a kadett c city looks like. Never mind the Isuzu badge up front and the V A U X H A L L lettering across the back.

Time is always the hard thing. It's a public holiday in sunny Auckland and I've been working since 730am!
066 Tim

Previous

Return to Car & General Chat