What do SOUTH Island members want from the OpelForum?

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

What do members wish to see from the OpelForum "club"

Poll ended at 06 Dec 2012, 15:53

Internet interaction only - not interested in showing my car
No votes
Happy to attend local car events
33%
Not interested in anything outside the city/district
No votes
Keen to travel to events further afield for a day out
33%
Happy to pay a donation towards display costs and signage
33%

Total votes : 9

What do SOUTH Island members want from the OpelForum?

Postby 001 Neville » 06 Nov 2012, 15:53

Since there is a distinct lack of responses to events advertised, particularly in the South Island, I think with the end of this year fast approaching, I need to review just what NZ members are looking for and see whether changes need to be made for 2013.

* I set up the OpelForum, and have funded it so far, for website and other items, but my funds are limited.
* If members are keen to attend shows in the North Island, but not in the South Island, then where do we go from here?
* If we arrange regular attendance at shows, whether North or South, then will need to invest in some more signage/flags/marquee(?) so are members prepared to make a donation towards these sorts of items? (We've had a kind offer of a marquee this time, but it might not always be available)

This is a quick poll for SOUTH ISLAND club members, and I would appreciate if everyone could take a few minutes to consider their answers. You can click on more than one option. I'll send out a message to all NZ members inviting responses to the poll.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: What do SOUTH Island members want from the OpelForum?

Postby 001 Neville » 07 Nov 2012, 14:44

Just to put things into perspective, I have just checked the current 135 members as follows:
North Island 67
South Island 30
plus
Australia 10
UK 19
Other countries 10

Bearing in mind that some of those have never posted anything, and some have not logged on for more than 12 months, the true numbers are lower still.

It still leaves the questions - just what do members want/expect, and how can we grow the club?

I'm in the process of producing a club flyer that members can download and leave on car windows if you see an eligible car. Attendance at shows is the other way to grow the club, since like-minded enthusiasts and members of the public will be more likely to be attending.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 002 Lindsay » 10 Nov 2012, 09:38

Here we go again Nelson show 15 16 17th Feb 2013 different venue using the rear of the motor camp and part of Parkers cove i think if i read it right. To add to the discussion i/we try to get to most things,but things do clash a lot of the time with other things and its just not possible,inc my work pattern,i need to take holidays or without pay which i have done on occasions to show support,for our local and out of town venues.We try and have a monthly meet at some picnic spot with byo etc or maybe a meal or drink at the local if there is one,that sort of thing,or a run with a sheet of instructions questions answers etc to be followed usual rally type material thet can be fun with bbq at the end and a winner of course may be a prize of a bottle of wine etc.But it is hard to motivate people there is always someone who is not happy with things or thats not right but thats way it goes,if they want to fine, if not tough tit.Thats my little bit for what its worth. Cheers.
002 Lindsay, Nelson
002 Lindsay

Postby 001 Neville » 10 Nov 2012, 11:20

Thanks Lindsay. I appreciate you are travelling up to 8 hours to get down to events here. When I can, I'll get up to join you at a Nelson show.

This is not so much moaning about lack of response, but rather taking the opportunity to see if people would take more interest if things happened differently? How can we grow the club with those who will participate on the Forum or at meetings/shows, rather than ones who join and then never make any postings.

Come on guys, and ladies too, what can we do different? A two-monthly meeting was suggested in the North Island?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 002 Lindsay » 10 Nov 2012, 15:30

ive been a Vauxhall club mem for about 20 odd years been club captain, and editor for a part of that and nothing much has changed you put out whats coming up and everyone keen but on the day you be lucky to get half of them turn up, idont know what the answer is,i would be happy with a 2monthly meet or 3, distance is a problem for us, and it can lead too an overnight adding too the expense also,but with the reponses you are getting may work something out. :)
002 Lindsay, Nelson
002 Lindsay

Postby 001 Neville » 04 Dec 2012, 22:31

002 Lindsay wrote:....but with the reponses you are getting may work something out. :)

What responses? It looks like you, me and one other SI member have responded so far! Not too promising for the future :roll:
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 077 Matthew » 12 May 2013, 23:13

Now that I have an opel I would attend most meetings.
077 Matthew

Return to Car & General Chat