TWOMAS Forum - back up on the internets

For non-technical car discussion and general banter and jokes. Keep it clean(ish).

Moderator: 001 Neville

TWOMAS Forum - back up on the internets

Postby 022 Ian » 16 Jan 2012, 11:19

I'm hoping Neville won't miond this post

Just to let a few people know the TWOMAS forum is back up and running after a long period of "disappearance"

It's a bit specific in catering for just Opel Monzas and Vauxhall Royales but it's a nice little forum if a little "quiet"

http://www.twomas.co.uk/phpbb3/index.php
BC
022 Ian

Re: TWOMAS Forum - back up on the internets

Postby 001 Neville » 16 Jan 2012, 13:59

No problem, Ian.

It's because it is so specific that it is so quiet. Can be pretty quiet on here too even with the wider range of cars.

Autobahnstormers is usually pretty active - I presume you are still a member on there?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 022 Ian » 16 Jan 2012, 23:36

001 Neville wrote:No problem, Ian.

It's because it is so specific that it is so quiet. Can be pretty quiet on here too even with the wider range of cars.

Yep - but I know there are a few from here that probably gave up trying to log in after a while and assumed it was gone forever

001 Neville wrote:Autobahnstormers is usually pretty active - I presume you are still a member on there?

Not currently
BC
022 Ian

Postby 001 Neville » 16 Jan 2012, 23:49

Good luck to them, Ian, but I'm now on about six forums apart from here and spend too much time on the computer, so will not be looking to join more.

Surprised to hear you're not on ABS now! :shock: ..... yet you are evidently on TWOMAS :?
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 014 Phil » 17 Jan 2012, 00:28

Happy to have another place to talk Monzas, so will be popping in. :D
Cheers
Phil
014 Phil

Postby 022 Ian » 17 Jan 2012, 01:33

001 Neville wrote:Good luck to them, Ian, but I'm now on about six forums apart from here and spend too much time on the computer, so will not be looking to join more.

I guess that's a problem I have too - I've reduced the amount of forums I am active on

001 Neville wrote:Surprised to hear you're not on ABS now! :shock: ..... yet you are evidently on TWOMAS :?

I'm taking a break from it is the best way I can describe it - it's not a permenant break just a break.

TWOMAS is Monza focused and yes it's like a graveyard most of the time but it's purely a Monza graveyard so has a special place in my list of subscribed to forums

Fundamentally I have no eligable ABS club car that is on the road as a result of taking the Monza off the road to be purely a track car. (LC & Commodore are in storage and I can't see either being on the road soon, Rally Monza is a long way off and a shed load of work before it's even close)

I didn't even go to Billing last year as I was without a club car on the road and as the Monza as a purely track car I could have trailered it to the event but then it's technically a "trailer queen" and as a result falls foul of the club rules on those being eligable for display - so I didn't go......

And last year was a pretty miserable year for track days with the Monza due to two events being cancelled and the first one of the year being a total disaster so I didn't feel like improving/working on the Monza either.
BC
022 Ian

Postby 022 Ian » 17 Jan 2012, 01:38

014 Phil wrote:Happy to have another place to talk Monzas, so will be popping in. :D

You might have to start conversations :lol: They don't start themselves there :wink:

Sometimes feels like I'm talking to myself as I reckon a lot of contributors don't even know it's back up and running (it actually never left but the server address or something got changed so everyone's link to the forum wouldn;t work!!)

Anyway TWOMAS has never been about quantity of posts - more quality.....
BC
022 Ian

Postby 001 Neville » 17 Jan 2012, 11:15

022 Ian wrote:Fundamentally I have no eligable ABS club car that is on the road as a result of taking the Monza off the road to be purely a track car. (LC & Commodore are in storage and I can't see either being on the road soon, Rally Monza is a long way off and a shed load of work before it's even close)

I didn't even go to Billing last year as I was without a club car on the road and as the Monza as a purely track car I could have trailered it to the event but then it's technically a "trailer queen" and as a result falls foul of the club rules on those being eligable for display - so I didn't go......

Sounds like you missed a great feast with a hog roast! I don't see your car arriving on a trailer would be a real problem (if it is not included in the judging). They have people parking on the ABS stand who are not even members that I'm aware of - Nick with his Commodore Bs, and others Alf has mentioned just turn up and park there. I don't think they were even doing judging this year at Billing?

022 Ian wrote:And last year was a pretty miserable year for track days with the Monza due to two events being cancelled and the first one of the year being a total disaster so I didn't feel like improving/working on the Monza either.

... sorry to hear that. So are you taking the Monza to France for the track day there? Looks like a great day with all the Opels.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Return to Car & General Chat