BritEuro show, Auckland, Sunday 4 March 2018

A forum to list all events/shows that members may want to attend, and all club attendance for photos. Helps to keep all photos in one area.

Moderator: 001 Neville

BritEuro show, Auckland, Sunday 4 March 2018

Postby 001 Neville » 19 Dec 2017, 17:37

Here's details of the next Auckland car show that we attended last year. The general feeling was more relaxed than Ellerslie, and the cars that attended were quality cars, however more the type likely to be used on a daily basis ... ie not trailer queens that fill the Ellerslie event. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you like, but seemed like normal cars were on the fringes.

This show is on 4 March, 2018 from 10am-3pm and set up from 8am. The event is outdoors, so you do run the risk of weather not being great on the day. Just need to bring a range of clothing to cover your options! Plus a deckchair is useful too, as it can be tiring on your feet all day. I'll take the gazebo and banners. Maybe the display boards if I have room to bring them.

Let me know here, or on Facebook, if you wish to bring your car(s). They don't need to be perfect, but clean and legal is good!

Paul is taking a step back from organising the event as he has sold his Astra coupe, and so is unable to bring a club car along, but he hopes to spend some time on the stand with us if he can. A big thanks to Paul for his time and energy organising past events for the club, and is storing the display boards for the meantime while they are not in his way at home. Hopefully we can twist his arm into buying another Opel in the future ...... eh, Paul? ;-)

A very merry Christmas to all members, and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. Keep on Opelling!
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: BritEuro show, Auckland, Sunday 4 March 2018

Postby 001 Neville » 28 Feb 2018, 18:13

Adrian - Monza GSE
Howard - Monza GSE (not his)
Jan - Super Six
Steve Titmuss - maybe Opel GT ?
Me - Opel Omega A 027 688 3748

If those who are coming, could please meet at 8-8.15am at the KFC carpark as last year. Corner of Pakuranga Road/Fortunes Road, opposite Lloyd Elsmore Park.

While we had initially been put on the opposite side of the park to DTV and Vauxhall stands, I have had it changed so we are now beside their stands as I had initially requested. Makes sense ;-) Entry now confirmed through Gate B.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: BritEuro show, Auckland, Sunday 4 March 2018

Postby 001 Neville » 26 Apr 2018, 13:17

Okay, this is a delayed response, since I'm not sure how many members still come on here, but I know not everyone has a Facebook account to view our page there.

Event went well with a good range of cars on the day. More than 800 cars at the event, and 5-6 cars on our stand (another one arrived late, then left early)

Other cars at the event

OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Return to Events