North Canterbury Classic Car tour

A forum to list all events/shows that members may want to attend, and all club attendance for photos. Helps to keep all photos in one area.

Moderator: 001 Neville

North Canterbury Classic Car tour

Postby 001 Neville » 13 Nov 2015, 16:18

Just a final reminder that the 2015 Christmas Picnic is to be held on Sunday 22nd November. Meet 9.15 – 10.15am at the Amberley Saint John HQ (as per last year) behind Hurunui Council building. Main Road Amberley. (Next to public toilets on left if coming from South). Proceeds to Amberley St. John’s Ambulance Service. (99 entries last year, can we reach 125 this time? We welcome all vehicles irrespective of condition, make and model. Veteran, vintage, post vintage and classic. (All open cars also welcome regardless of year of manufacture).

The entry fee will remain at $15 per vehicle, the same as the past 13 North Canterbury Classic Tours. Again, as per last year, all nett profit will be donated to the Amberley Saint John’s Ambulance Service. (All entries receive a free NZCC magazine). The coffee-car will be in attendance both at the start and lunch venues. Mobile Coffee Car serves a range of hot coffees and teas, cold coke, sprite and water. For nibbles, Cookie Time Cookies. (Subject to phone coverage they offer a Mobile Eftpos Debit system). We have arranged very little publicity on this event, so we basically are relying on our email contacts like you.

I will be there, so if anyone else is interested, will see you there too!
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Re: North Canterbury Classic Car tour

Postby 001 Neville » 23 Nov 2015, 19:58

About 150 cars in total, so made quite a procession around Amberley before we headed out into the countryside. A good route over roads I've never used before, and a nice friendly bunch of drivers and families.

Didn't see anyone else I knew, but lots of interest in the Manta A at the event! :D Some had never seen one before, others only seen one in photos. Car performed well, but I really miss a fifth gear, so might have to look at an upgrade to a Getrag 240 from a Manta B.

Some pics of those cars close by......

OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Postby 002 Lindsay » 24 Nov 2015, 08:27

Nice one Neville, some nice cars there, had a look a last years on line looks too be a great run. :D
002 Lindsay, Nelson
002 Lindsay

Postby 001 Neville » 24 Nov 2015, 09:53

I wasn't expecting quite so many there, but once we got out into the countryside, the gaps opened up and was able to build up a good speed.

Brilliant sunshine, then rain, then back to sun, so tricky for those in the convertibles to know what to do! Thankfully it was bright at the lunchstop where my pics were taken ;)
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Return to Events