Opel Blitz & Opel NSU WW2 motor cycle

An area for those members with relevant pre-1970 vehicles to present their cars/trucks and have open discussion which may also appeal to other members

Moderator: 001 Neville

Opel Blitz & Opel NSU WW2 motor cycle

Postby 008 Julian W » 29 Jul 2012, 14:30

During 1990s I was in contact with the owner of Ruakura Motors in Hamilton who was a Caltex Dealer and he had a hobby which is the collection of unusual pre war and ww2 commercials
of interest to me was he had an Opel Blitz truck WW2 and some form of Opel Truck Half Track

He also had a NSU-OPel Half track motorcycle . In addition to vehicles he had huge collection of older vehicle workshop manuals which I think from memory he was trying to sell reproductions?

So over a period of Week around 1996 as I was travelling to main North Island Libraries to promote possiblity of my car Magazine index been produced as 6 volume set for $1200 i decided to drop in on Ruakura Motors - Unfortunately got very lost in Ruakura which is just out of Hamilton and could not find the garage! - However the most amazing thing I saw was a 'Whitby clone' with regard to a new housing sub-division where houses were of same design as those found in Whitby near Plimmerton on the Kapati Coast and even had street names like 'Discovery Drive', ThE sounding etc - Did I enter the Twilight Zone (twilight music in the background....) :)

The Garage must be still be round so anybody near Hamilton with better map skills then I - It might be a great place to visit? :D
008 Julian W

Re: Opel Blitz & Opel NSU WW2 motor cycle

Postby 001 Neville » 29 Jul 2012, 21:34

Tony has been in touch with me a couple of years back about his Blitz, but doesn't seem inclined to join here. I did have some pics somewhere, but must be mis-filed :roll:

I presume there would be war vehicle forums online, but not really my cup of tea, so not followed him up since 2010.
OpelForum Administrator
001 Neville
Site Admin

Return to Pre-1970s era