After EQ Clear Out

Opel/Vauxhall/GM Forum members' cars and parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: 001 Neville

Re: After EQ Clear Out

Postby 168 Derek S » 22 May 2013, 17:24

so out of the original list only one car has gone and you still have the others?
168 Derek S

Postby 004 Jim » 22 May 2013, 18:38

Yes - 2 Monzas, One 1991 Senator and 1987 Ascona 2.0i still there and apparently unwanted!

Along with considerable NEW spare parts for all of them.
004 Jim

Postby 057 Matt » 22 May 2013, 20:54

What's the list of parts for your Monzas ?
057 Matt

Postby 168 Derek S » 22 May 2013, 21:11

168 Derek S

Postby 004 Jim » 22 May 2013, 22:42

057 Matt wrote:What's the list of parts for your Monzas ?

Simply have never had time to do a complete list.

From memory have front steering and suspension ball joints
Rear wheel bearings; spare (new) grille; Gasket sets;
Engine bearings' new camshaft any hydraulic lifters
and numerous other Monza bits I cannot remember.

Stuck at the back of the shed and a pain to get too till the stuff infront has been moved!

Also have similar stuff for Senator and a boot full of 1987 Ascona stuff including complete (NEW) headlights.
Engine valves; Gaskets; Head bolts etc. etc. etc.

Once the Monzas have gone I will be able to access some of it - but they seem to be unloved and unwanted!
Last edited by 004 Jim on 08 Jul 2013, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
004 Jim

Postby 227 Jason R » 22 May 2013, 23:20

Hi Jim. I'm keen to come over and have a look at your monza's. Please contact me on 0211475856. Cheers , jason.
227 Jason R

Postby 004 Jim » 22 May 2013, 23:26

Ring You tomorrow - after Dentist visit!
004 Jim

Postby 004 Jim » 08 Jul 2013, 05:50

Both Senators now gone.
Monzas have had 'lookers' but still on the block.

Does anyone want any parts off them before they go?

End of next month deadline.

The 1985 Ascona 2.0I is still here too - someone wants the motor - shall take it out and scrap the rest if no one wants the whole car. Lots of NEW spares going too.

NohOpel!
004 Jim

Postby 004 Jim » 23 Mar 2015, 20:03

Both Monzas still for sale - could not bear to scrap them but have now sold my house and must be gone by 30th April 2015
$4,000 for both 1986 Live rego and 1983 parts car

1987 Ascona still there too.
$2,000 to take away!

Any offers?
027 237 9125
004 Jim

Postby 003 Cees » 25 Mar 2015, 17:17

Hi Jim,

Long time no see! unfortunately I have not been to New Zealand for many many years. Perhaps one of these days, who knows? I sort of read about your misfortune in relation to the Opels and the earthquake. I am sorry to hear that. Is the GT beyond repair or are you going to still finish it in the future?

The reason for writing to you is what have you got in terms of 6 cylinder CIH engines? Do you have for example a short motor or a cylinder head [N, S or H] or perhaps a block only? I remember from my one and only visit that you had an enormous amount of stock. My main, not really problem, with my Com B GS 2.5 is that I have a H block with an S head on it. So somewhere in its life, an owner has removed the H [high compression] head and used an S head on the original H block. Ideally I would like to fit a complete new/exchange CIH engine with fuel injection, but where do you find something like that? It would be too expensive to ship it from Europe. I know that my question is a long shot!

Regards, Cees
003 Cees

Postby 004 Jim » 25 Mar 2015, 22:06

Hello Cees,

The GT survived - jumped right off the jack stands but landed on its chasis rails and did not damage the body very much at all.

There is a 3.0E short block from a 1991 Senator in one corner - somewhere but the head has been robbed of its valves for my 2.2 litre four cylinder motor. Have never had the motor running so have no idea of its condition. It is a heavy beast so shipping would be horrible even from here to Australia. Pulling motors out and man-handling heavy stuff is now beyond me due to gouty arthritus - moving is going to be real fun!

Just holding on to the GT and 1967 Kadett Rallye - the rest is too much to move.
It is very disappointing that no one here seems to want any of it so it is all likely to just be scrapped.

Great to hear from you
004 Jim

Postby 003 Cees » 26 Mar 2015, 13:29

Thank you Jim, but indeed the weight issue is the biggest problem. Furthermore the engine itself is an "unknown" and that is risky. It surprised me that no one in NZ has shown any interest in your cars and parts. Have you put any of it on ebay?

I know that you have many new parts, can't you do an one of package deal with for example OpelGTSource in the US? Gil has been buying hydraulic lifters from Australia and he shipped them via me. He is always looking for parts. Drop him a line and see what he says.

Another option for your cars might be Adam Vella in Sydney. Adam is the president of the NSW Vauxhall - Opel Owners club. Adam has a big museum of around 50 cars. He is always buying and selling cars. Who knows he might be interested in what you have got? I have not spoken to Adam for years and his last email address was adamkat@bigpond.net.au . Facebook @Vauxhall-Opel Owners Club NSW Australia . His address is 976 Londonderry Road, Londonderry 2753 NSW Australia. His last known mobile number is 0429988226.

You can also try the general Opel club website in Australia? [opelaus.com].

Cees
003 Cees

Postby 004 Jim » 26 Mar 2015, 15:58

Perhaps I am just getting old and cynical but now just sell from the door - bring money, pay and take item away - the number of times people, with tears in their eyes, have begged for low prices to be further lowered then begged for the part before payment to get them 'back on the road' and subsequently not paid the balance ...

Or winged and begged for lower prices ... then it gets back they boast how far they drove the price down and how cheap they got it ... my sympathy has gotten all worn out.

Had a very similar experience with Studebaker parts and ended up dumping tonnes of it - still get winges as to it is my fault that there are no spare blocks, crankshafts or motors about (nearly 100 of each of those went to scrap).

At least I have kept the weight of Opel parts done to a couple of tonnes ... :roll:
004 Jim

Postby 003 Cees » 26 Mar 2015, 18:19

It is a pity that it has gone that way. These days my position is "take or leave it".
003 Cees

Postby 127 Gordo » 27 Mar 2015, 03:23

Sorry to say it, Jim (if you're still around) but if you preferred scrapping your stuff, at usual additional expense, rather than giving it away when you couldn't sell it, then you aren't what I would call an 'enthusiast'.
I'm fine with getting what you can for stuff, but if there is no interest at the asking price, then either sell it for what you can actually get or donate to a club where it can be put to use by, often, those who simply are too poor to pay much but are very keen rather than simply dumping it and making even more of a loss.
127 Gordo

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale/Wanted